Saturday, March 21, 2015

Highlights of 2015 NoVA Mini Maker Faire

WOW, what a Mini Maker Faire...of course it helps to be in a tech centric area like Reston, VA...but I was impressed with the quality of makers I saw while "helping" +PrintedSolid .

My mentions in no particular order:

Josh (I think) of MakeDesignTeach and #3dprintgumball Hall of Fame had this cool color process for 3d Printing:


 I don't think I helped PrintedSolid much, but at least Matt got some food and walk around time.

This iTapArcade project was one of the coolest I have seen...would be a great bike build module:

This was a mosaic at the beginning of the day...hopefully I returned to get the end of day pic!

Sponsors...

rubberbands and dowels...nice build system!

small dowels and color bands like kids make bracelets out of...really cool build system.

Nova Labs I believe:

A really cool thing that The Lancaster Science Factory should add:

more building inspiration:



Wylolum had some amazing and cool clocks, game systems, etc.


 more building, newspaper and tape is all it takes!

I did return to the mosaic done by visitors!

Great conversation with the Synthetos ( TinyG motion control board)...a force to be reckoned with, I want the Inventables CNC mill!

Wyolum again, these LED grids can be bought from SEEED studio.

No comments:

Post a Comment